Via Christi family medicine residency clinic
Family medicine residency
Family medicine is a team based approach to patient care. All new patients will be scheduled with a team of family medicine doctors consisting of residents, faculty and nursing staff. All new patients will see a resident and will work with that resident through their care. If a resident is unavailable then patients will see another resident on that team to retain continuity of care.
- Breast diagnostic and post-surgery
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pediatric and adult
- Muscular Dystrophy and ALS
- Multi-disciplinary clinic for both pediatric and adults with muscular dystrophy. Patients see a team of physicians, nurses, OT, PT, social worker and a MDA coordinator. New patients by referral from family medicine doctor.
- OMT - osteopathic manipulation medicine
- Orthopedic follow up care
- Pediatric asthma
- Pediatric care
- Surgery follow up care
- Trauma surgery follow up care
Our physicians provide the most up-to-date methods to evaluate, treat and prevent musculoskeletal injuries. When a new patient schedules with Via Christi Sports Medicine Clinic they will see a physician, a sports medicine fellow and sometimes a resident.
A physician's referral is not always necessary for an appointment. If you are unsure, call us and we can determine if you need a referral. We will be sure to consult with your physician on your care.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Ankle sprains
- Foot pain
- Hip and knee injuries
- Hand, wrist and elbow injuries
- Shoulder and neck injuries
- Heat-related illnesses
- Nutrition concerns/problems
- Dietary supplement concerns