The foundation exists to serve the Via Christi mission of providing healthcare to all, especially the poor and underserved. We are grateful to the many individuals and organizations who give so generously to help others.
The foundation funds a variety of areas including:
- Children's Miracle Network Hospital at Via Christi Health, — Helping children throughout Kansas without regard to illness, ability to pay or physician’s hospital affiliation.
- Via Christi clinical services — Supporting hospital capital improvements including facility renovation and the purchase of equipment and technology. Dollars also support patient “extras” to improve the outcomes and services that patients receive during their care. Some areas supported include:
• Cardiovascular services
• Neurological services
• Cancer services
• Women’s and children’s services
• Orthopedic services
• Regional burn center
• Behavioral health
- Care for the vulnerable — Supporting projects to benefit people in our community including the ill, the poor, children and seniors, as impelled by the Gospel imperative, “Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters, you do to me” (Matthew 25:40). Some of these include:
• Via Christi Cancer Institute offers the latest treatments in a comforting environment designed to provide the ideal patient and family experience.
• Prevention-focused activities such as Safe Kids Coalition, car seat safety and senior wellness programs.
• International Family Medicine Fellowship prepares physicians to serve the poorest, most underserved people in the world.
• Gerard House, a safe haven for young pregnant women before and after delivery.
- Professional clinical development — Supporting educational activities for nurses, medical technicians and other hospital clinical staff.
Your generous support of the foundation helps us make all this possible. Please help us with your gift now.