After losing 150 pounds with the help of Via Christi Weight Management, Wichita Hyatt Chef Curtis Isley learned he could still enjoy great-tasting food – by using flavorful, low-fat/low-calorie seasonings.
This dish gets its savory flavor from soy sauce, garlic and herbs. It’s perfect for the summer grill, and as an accompaniment to lean, marinated grilled steak.
Grilled Summer Vegetables
- 1 large portabella mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini (or “baby broccoli”) trimmed
- 1 yellow tomato, cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 each red and green bell pepper, seeded and cut in half
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or basil leaves, chopped
- Cooking spray
In a large bowl, toss vegetables with a spritz of cooking spray, soy sauce, garlic and herbs until lightly coated.
Grill over medium high heat until just done. Remove from heat and cut into julienne strips. Toss together again and keep warm until ready to serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION per serving (1/4 recipe): 75 calories, 18g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 544mg sodium, 9g sugar