For all you do, we thank you
National Volunteer Week is April 21-27, at time to say thank you to the 1,100 volunteers who serve Via Christi’s hospital in Wichita, Pittsburg and Manhattan.
These dedicated volunteers provide a variety of valuable services:
- Greeting and escorting visitors
- Delivering flowers and mail
- Assisting with office duties
- Providing comfort and assistance to families in waiting rooms
- Designing floral arrangements in our Via Christi Gift Shops
- Serving patients on the units and during dismissals
- 600 volunteers gave 90,000 hours of service to Via Christi Hospitals in Wichita
- 300 volunteers gave 27,000 hours of service to Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg
- 200 volunteers gave 22,000 hours of service to Mercy Regional Health Center in Manhattan
Every day, volunteers like you reach out to others with kindness and generosity.
In 2012 Via Christi Volunteers gave a total of 84,092 hours with a value of more than $1.5 million.
Your selfless example brings joy wherever you go. We thank you for all you do.
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."
— Mother Teresa