Current Practice in Stroke Rehab -
from examination to intervention to discharge
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Speaker: Linda Csiza, PT, DSc, NCS
Presented by: Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital, Inc. & Via Christi Hospitals Wichita, Inc.
Seminar Location: 929 N. St. Francis, Rm. 2035
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the 9 diagnoses related to the Movement System Diagnosis Classification
- Determine and analyze the specific diagnosis related to case examples
- Examine specific examination methods based on the Movement System Diagnosis Classification
- Demonstrate application of MRA and Fractionated Movement test
- Interpret outcome measures for use with people with stroke
- Examine evidence based interventions for functional improvement in people with stroke
- Create progressive intervention strategies, tactics for people with stroke.
- Analyze health care trends and determine frequency, duration, intensity of therapy for people with stroke.
- Synthesize all information through case analysis.
- 7:30 Registration
- 8:00 Differential Diagnosis
- 9:00 Examination Methods for Movement Systems Diagnosis Classification
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 Outcome Measures Appropriate for People with Stroke
- 11:15 Interventions Related to Movement Systems Diagnosis Classification
- 12:15 Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 Evidence Based Interventions for CVA from Acute Care & Rehab to Home Health & Outpatient Settings
- 3:00 Break
- 3:15 Function Based/Task Oriented Interventions
- 4:15 Autonomous Practice Across All Settings
- 5:15 Adjourn
Continuing Education Credit
A Certificate of Attendance for 8 hours of continuing education will be awarded for completion of the 1 day program.
Registration & fee: Fee includes handout and certificate of attendance.
||Fee by 7/6/12
||Fee after 7/6/12
|Via Christi Employees
Registrations postmarked after July 6 require an additional $20.
Please make check payable to:
Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital, Inc.
Call (316) 268-8204 with questions.
Mail completed registration and check to:
Via Christi Rehabilitation Services
c/o Education Coordinator
929 N. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67214
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your participation in this course, your registration fee, less a $25 administrative fee, will be refunded when written notification is received by the Rehab Services Education Coordinator by July 7, 2012. No refunds will be made after that date.
About the Program: Clinical Relevance
This course will explore current evidence based topics in stroke rehab from the acute care setting through the outpatient setting and to the point of discharge. Topics include the Movement Systems Diagnosis classification, a classification specifically developed for the neuro population; examination methods and outcome measures; intervention strategies and tactics; and discharge planning. The final topic of the day will include discussion on the changing healthcare system and ongoing management of people with stroke as well as health promotion and wellness after a stroke. The format is lecture and lab with small group discussions and activities.
Featured Speaker: Linda Csiza, PT, DSc, NCS
Linda is an Associate Professor at Texas Woman’s University in Dallas, TX, and coordinator of the Postprofessional Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. She earned her BS/PT degree from TWU in 1989, her Master’s degree in Advanced PT from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions in 2002, and her Doctor of Science Degree in Neurology from RMUoHP in 2006. She is an APTA certified neuro specialist since 2001. Linda serves as the Treasurer of the Neurology Section and sits on the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education. Her research interests include intervention tactics in people with MS, and vestibular rehab concepts.