As a patient, your stay at Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital will be quite different from a stay at a medical hospital. While we will continue to manage and provide for your medical needs, the emphasis will be on functional activity and therapies to improve your physical independence. Consequently, you will spend a lot of time up and about within our hospital in various activities, rather than in bed.
What to expect:
- Bring Medicare and/or insurance cards at the time of admission. We will copy them and return to you.
- You will have a daily routine and schedule, so you'll want to wear your own comfortable, casual clothing. Be sure to pack enough for five days, including sleepwear, low-heeled walking shoes and a sweater or light jacket.
- Along with personal toiletries, be sure to bring your eyeglasses, dentures and any other special equipment you normally use at home, such as a CPAP machine, brace, prosthesis or hearing aid.
- Most rooms are semi-private. All rooms have individual televisions, telephones, closets and drawer space. Bathrooms include shower facilities, but tub baths are also available.
- Breakfast is served in your room or the day room, based on your therapy schedule. Lunch and dinner are served in the day room. Your family may join you for meals in the main cafeteria.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Chapel is open to all for prayer, meditation and worship. Protestant worship services and Catholic Masses are held in the chapel. Call 316-634-3400 for a current schedule.
- Beautician services are available on Saturdays by appointment.
- For the better health of our patients, visitors and staff, Via Christi Rehab Hospital is tobacco-free, inside and out.
- Visiting hours:
Weekdays: 3 - 8:30 pm
Weekends and holidays: 10 am - 8:30 pm