Via Christi's Pediatric Therapy Program offers a child-friendly place where young patients up to age 16 receive hearing, speech and physical therapy assessment, and hands-on treatment customized to each child's special needs by a team of highly trained experts.
Pediatric audiologists evaluate a child's sensitivity to sound, ability to hear and understand, and inner ear functioning. They also can fit the child with hearing aids.
Pediatric occupational therapists use exercises and activities to help children improve hand-eye coordination, sensory motor and fine motor skills needed for dressing, eating and playing.
Pediatric physical therapists use exercises and activities to help children improve balance, coordination, posture and gross motor skills and sensory skills needed for crawling, walking and other mobility skills.
Pediatric speech language pathologists help children with communication and swallowing problems, by helping them make sounds correctly, understand and use language, decrease or eliminate stuttering and improve the way they use their mouths and tongues in speaking and swallowing.
Via Christi's Pediatric Therapy Program provides:
- Evaluations and treatment for children through age 16
- Multidisciplinary care teams
- Therapists trained in neurodevelopmental and sensory integration therapy
- Early-intervention programs for infants and toddlers
- Swallowing tests and therapy
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations
- Specialty Clinic held weekly for muscular dystrophy patients, with a care team including a cardiologist, pulmonologist, neurologists, psychologist, occupational therapists and physical therapists.
- Selection and fitting for special or adaptive equipment such as hearing aids, wheelchairs, walkers, splints and braces
- Coordination with schools and other community providers
For more information about Via Christi's Pediatric Therapy program call 316-268-8200