Via Christi’s beautiful retirement duplexes on McLean in Wichita, KS, provide the perfect home for independent retirees who want freedom from the concerns of home maintenance, lawn care and snow removal. Here, you’ll find the best features of condominium living and a continuing care retirement community—with a suite of amenities to create the retirement lifestyle you wish to pursue.
Our Estate Preservation Plan allows residents to buy membership in the Via Christi Village duplex community on McLean, while protecting assets for future use.
Retirement living at Via Christi Village on McLean
The McLean retirement duplexes are located north of the Via Christi Village — offering access to all of the retirement services and programs.
Each unit features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, attached garages, living and dining room, a utility room and patio. All major appliances and carpeting are provided. Housekeeping is available as an optional service. The exercise equipment and daily exercise classes at Via Christi Village provide residents with a variety of ways to maintain their health.
Assisted Living at Via Christi Village on McLean
Assisted living at Via Christi Village on McLean offers a secure and supportive environment for people who want to stay active, but prefer a little help with daily chores. The apartments are designed to assure the privacy of each resident while offering the maximum in security, convenience, comfort and safety. Each apartment is equipped with a call system for emergencies. Professional staff members are always available to assess emergency situations and contact your physician.
You have the security of knowing that you have access to dedicated professional staff, nutritious meals, nondenominational church services, transportation, beauty and barber shop, outdoor courtyard, and the knowledge that our continuum of care exists to meet all your needs, present and future.
We encourage residents to participate in social, cultural, recreational and spiritual activities as much, or as little, as you desire. You are free to come and go at their leisure, to continue to enjoy hobbies and to be part of a thriving community.
- 24-hour security
- Outdoor patios and walking areas
- Fitness centers
- Fireside dining rooms
- Free washers and dryers conveniently located in each neighborhood
- Beauty/barber shop
- Use of community living areas, including dining rooms and living room
- Ice cream parlor
- Three meals a day served in fireside dining rooms
- Weekly housekeeping, including linen service and trash removal (personal laundry service available)
- Nursing staff on duty 24 hours a day
- Utilities, including electricity, water, gas and cable TV
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Emergency call system
- Social, cultural, spiritual and recreational activities
- Zero-threshold showers
- Scheduled transportation to doctor appointments, shopping
- Individual service packages tailored to the needs and preferences of each resident
Skilled nursing at Via Christi Village on McLean
A comprehensive range of medical, social and personal services designed to meet the needs of residents is provided by the Court at Via Christi Village on McLean. The health care center has 36 private rooms licensed by the State of Kansas.
The Court provides as much natural light and plant life as possible. Our strategic placement of memory stimulation stations reinforces the relevance of such ordinary daily activities as personal grooming and talking on the telephone. It is designed in a figure-eight configuration. In the commons area, where the walking path intersects itself, residents find the sensory stimulation of an aviary, a large skylight and an aquarium. From this commons area, the entrances to the two households are faced with uniquely framed and colored home fronts.
Special lighting, furnishings and music help create the best possible lifestyle for every resident. The environment is rich with other cues to help residents function as independently as possible.
- 24-hour licensed nursing staff
- Three meals and snacks daily
- Coded keypad for visitors
- Daily housekeeping, including laundry service
- Emergency call system
- Memory stimulation stations
- Personal shadow boxes
- Aviary and aquarium
- Enclosed, secured gardens and walking path
- Private "lock up" drawers for personal mementos
- Life enrichment activity programs
- Bathing options of shower or therapeutic tub