Early recognition and treatment of a heart attack can make a life-and-death difference, so it’s important to know the signs and symptoms.
Common signs include:
- Chest discomfort such as pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of the chest.
- Discomfort in one or both arms
- Shortness of breath with or before chest discomfort
- Abnormal sweating
Other common signs for women include:
- Back, abdominal, neck or jaw pain
- Nausea, vomiting or indigestion
- Fatigue or weakness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
If you think you or a loved one is having a heart attack, stay alive and don’t drive — CALL 9-1-1!