2013 Emerald Ball
March 16, 2013
The Via Christi Emerald Ball is a formal evening of dinner, dancing, live and silent auctions and more, all to benefit Gerard House and the Via Christi Cancer Institute.
Gerard House is a home for pregnant teens and young women that provides a nurturing shelter where the young women receive the medical care they need, learn skills to become good parents and independent adults, and find help completing and furthering their education.
If you'd like to attend or want further information, call Via Christi Foundation at 316-239-3520 or email us.
The Emerald Ball is held in the beautiful Hyatt Regency Wichita Grand Eagle Ballroom. This year there will be:
- Exquisite table décor provided by local florists, gift shops and individuals.
- For your dining and dancing pleasure, The Source will be performing all your favorite music.
- Opportunities to purchase coins from the pot of gold. Specially marked coins will enter the guest in the grand prize drawing of the evening.
- Live auction featuring a 6 day, 7 night Caribbean cruise from Celebrity Cruises; Rina Limor sterling silver and peridot gemstone bangle bracelet from Randy Cooper Fine Jewelry; vacation for two in Cancun, Mexico at the Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort; and an oil painting by Peter Salmeron.
- Irish step dancers and bagpipers performing during the social hour.
- Turn-of-the-century dessert room filled with decadent sweet creations:
- Fondue Station with bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and cheesecake fondue.
- Candy Bar Station with lollipops, licorice, jelly beans and more.
- Truffle Station with 11 different flavors provided by local chocolatiers -- Russell Stover, Cero's Candy and Cocoa Dolce.
- Cotton candy, candy apples, and gourmet popcorn in various flavors and colors
- Signature Dessert Station with Cheesecake Factory cakes, European cakes, tarts, hazelnut gelato and English trifles.
- Premier Wine Room during social hour provided exclusively for special ticket holders.
- Photographer available for elegant pictures. Photo booth available for fun pictures. Photos will be available the night of the event or guests can access them online to print at a later date.